Your fireplace or wood stove may have doors or glass to keep children from reaching the flames, but that does not mean that they're safe from burns. The glass can reach temperatures has high as 1000 degrees, so protect little hands by putting up a safety gate around fireplaces and stoves.
From the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's On Safety blog:
"If you already have a fireplace, buy a protective retrofit barrier to protect your little ones from being burned. Barriers can include attachable safety screens, safety gates and fireplace safety screens.... If you choose an attachable safety screen, check with your fireplace manufacturer to get the right one for your fireplace. You can buy safety screen barriers at fireplace retailers and hardware stores and purchase safety gates at big box and/or baby product stores."